At Fitzgerald PT we are constantly striving to be ahead of the curve in rehabilitation technology. With the addition of the Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill our facility will be one of a handful of facilities in Massachusetts offering this state of the art technology to our patients and running clients. Please read or watch the video below for more information We hope to help you walk or run pain free!
The Alter-G Treadmill
Originally conceived by Dr. Robert Whalen to design effective exercise regimens for NASA’s astronauts, Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology has been adapted by AlterG for use in training and rehabilitation.
Cleared by the FDA in 2008, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a medical device that can be used for:
- Rehabilitation of lower extremity injuries
- Treatment of neurological conditions
- Weight reduction
- Aerobic conditioning
- General training to combat the diseases of aging
Unweighting is achieved in the AlterG by using air in a pressure-controlled chamber to gently lift the user. Precise calibration using our patented technology allows for very specific unweighting from 100-20% of the users body weight in 1% increments. Something no other unweighting modality can do.
- Allow for the protection of healing tissue
- Encourage range of motion
- Earlier initiation of closed-kinetic chain activity
- Prevent disuse atrophy
- Encourages more rapid return of motor control
Ready to get started?
- Request an appointment.
- Get more information from Fitzgerald Physical Therapy