Chronic headaches are a problem for a large population of people. These headaches can come from a variety of different sources and can affect each individual differently.
A majority of chronic headaches come from the cervical spine and have different treatments that can be performed to reduce and eliminate occurrence of these headaches.
- Cervical and thoracic spine manipulation consists of a physical therapist manipulating (hearing an audible pop or crack) your neck and back to move in a way that releases the stress and tension within that region, abolishing your headache symptoms.
- Strengthening exercises help to retrain the deep stabilizers in your back and neck to put less stress on the upper cervical region.
- Dry needling therapy includes the insertion of thin needles into soft tissues that have been shown to refer pain to the head and neck relieving tension.
- Abolishing these headaches may be as simple as combining postural corrections with these manual techniques in order to reduce the constant stress in your upper cervical region.
Ready to get started?
- Request an appointment.
- Get more information from Fitzgerald Physical Therapy